2 Timothy 1:13-14
13 Hold fast the pattern of sound words which you have heard from me, in faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. 14 That good thing which was committed to you, keep by the Holy Spirit who dwells in us.
The books of Timothy were written by Paul – to Timothy, a young pastor – as words of encouragement.
We are to HOLD FAST (remember, cling to, etc):
- to the Pattern of sound words – look to the Scriptures
- you have heard from me – again looking to the Scriptures, not to man’s advice.
- these words are spoken / shared in faith & love in Christ Jesus – again they are from God Himself!!!
We can DO it:
- Good thing – the good news of the Gospel – the Scriptures
- Committed to you – we all need to be doing this ourselves – sharing the Scriptures with others
- we can KEEP this commitment through the power of the HOLY SPIRIT who lives in us!!!
Not only has GOD given us HIS WORD, but HE has given us HIS power through the HOLY SPIRIT to share the Good News of HIS love for us!!!
Do you share this GREAT NEWS with others???