There is so much wisdom in the verse for today. (There is so much wisdom in all Scripture verses….)
17But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. 18And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
God has given His wisdom through HIS Word – we can discover key things that can help us to live good lives….
- Purity – “having no faults; sinless”; we need to live lives that are good, we are “holy” – set apart for God.
- Peaceable – “freedom from disputes”; we need to live lives where we are making peace with others – no discord.
- Gentle – “kindly or tender nature”; we need to live lives that are kind to others – caring, loving – considerate.
- Open to Reason – “willing to yield”; we need to live lives where we don’t have to get our own way all the time.
- Full of Mercy – “not getting the punishment that we deserve”; we need to live lives that are compassionate to others – we were forgiven of much – we need to forgive others so much more….
- Full of Good Fruits – we need to live lives that reproduce – are we sharing the love of God with others???
- Impartial – “Free from undue bias”; we need to live lives that is fair, loving towards ALL people – no matter what – this is “unconditional” love in action…
- Sincere – ” In accordance with truth”; we need to live lives that are genuine, are we Sunday Christians only – or does our love for God permeate our whole lives?
If we are living a life that reflects these principles – we will have a happy good life. We will be living in peace with others – we will see this righteous living reflected in peace.
I am so thankful that God loves us so much that He gives us principles to live by. Our lives are so much more pleasant when we are considerate of those around us. We CAN live happy productive lives – with God’s help.
Do you have God’s help??? Do you know that God loved us so much – even in our sinful, rebellious state – that He sent His only Son, Jesus – to die on the cross for ALL of our sins??? God is waiting, with open arms to welcome you back – He greatly desires to have a relationship with you! Do you also know, that Jesus rose from the grave – He no longer is dead – He is a living Savior – He is God over all the universe? He knows and cares what is happening to you.
Run home – to the God who LOVES you so much….
Come to Faith Scraps to see how to get this Word Art for free…