20 Listen to counsel and receive instruction,
That you may be wise in your latter days.
21 There are many plans in a man’s heart,
Nevertheless the LORD’s counsel—that will stand.
Where do you seek counsel??? Is it from wise sources??? How do you determine wise???
In this passage, we are told to:
- Listen to counsel – it is important for us to seek counsel – others advice especially in major decisions
- Receive instruction – what use is counsel, if we refuse to listen???
Now, where should this counsel come from:
- Many plans are in a man’s heart – we have many different thought, but how are we to discern what is wise???
- the Lord’s Counsel – will stand!!! counsel that is wise and true is from the Lord!!!
So how do we find the Lord’s counsel???
- Look to God’s Word – the Bible
- Seek counsel from mature, wise Christians – pastors, leaders….
It is important for us to seek wise counsel – especially for major decisions. We personally have a select group of people that we seek advice. We listen to what they say, weighing their opinions – looking at all of the pros & cons (so to speak). Of course – we first are seeking the Lord in much prayer!!!
Do YOU seek WISE counsel???